“The current Credit Rating System needs to be abolished in order to get the U.S. real estate market and overall economy back on positive tracks,” says Phil Mitsch, a real estate examiner. So therefore, he adds, understanding how the Credit Rating System works will give millions of Americans a substantial financial and psychological advantage over it, saving Americans billions of dollars a year. Below are 10 of the 35 of secrets to higher credit scores Mitsch shares as listed on Examiner.com.
1) Higher Credit Rating Scores = lower interest rates for consumers.
2) Credit Rating Scores range from 300 to 850
Below 599 is considered bad
600 to 649 is considered poor
650 to 699 is considered fair
700 to 749 is considered good
Over 750 is considered excellent
3) The formula used to determine Credit Rating Score
4) Get a copy of your 3 Credit Reports
5) Review your credit reports for accuracy
6) Correct personal information errors
7) Correct negative information errors
File disputes to have questionable negative information removed
9) Have collection agencies delete collection information when paid
10) Compare credit card companies