Editor’s Note: This offer is no longer available.
Capital One wants to know what’s in your wallet–because if it’s a travel rewards credit card with unused miles, they have a sweet deal for you.
For a limited time, the Capital One Venture credit card will match the miles on your other travel rewards card if you spend at least $1,000 on the Venture card within the first three months.
Capital One raises the bar for travel rewards
Taking a break from his hugely popular show 30 Rock, Alec Baldwin is the face of the new promotion. Look for the oldest Baldwin brother to be featured online and on TV hawking the Capital One Venture credit card and the Match My Miles deal.
When it comes to travel rewards, Capital One likes to fancy itself as the leader. You may have seen accolades for Venture from Money magazine and Kiplinger’s as one of the best travel rewards credit cards on the market.
Capital One Venture lets you earn double miles with zero blackout dates or other travel restrictions. Travel plans have to be made through the Capital One Venture website, but you can redeem your miles before, during or even after your trip.
Match My Miles Challenge promotion
But back to the Match My Miles Challenge. It works like this:
* Let’s say you have 50,000 miles on your United Airlines travel credit card. First, you need to apply for the Capital One Venture credit card.
* Spend at least $1,000 on the Venture card in the first three months.
* You send Capital One a copy of your United Airlines mileage statement.
* Your Venture card will then match the statement mile for mile.
* Sit back and see 50,000 miles on your new Venture travel credit card on top of the 50,000 original miles on your United Airlines card. Capital One will match your miles up to 100,000 miles.
You do need to spend $1,000 in the first three months after receiving your Capital One Venture credit card to be eligible for the matching miles. However, seeing that gas is creeping up to $4.00 a gallon, it shouldn’t be too difficult to hit that mark. Just remember, to get the most bang for your buck, be sure to pay off your balance as quickly as possible and preferably every month.
The Match My Miles Challenge just started on March 10 and runs through May 13, 2011. To get on this deal, you’d better act fast. But they’re only matching up to 1 billion miles throughout the promotion. That may sound like a lot, but it won’t take long for the company to burn through those once word of Match My Miles gets out.
It’s without a doubt one of the best travel credit card promos to be offered in a long time–so credit addicts, apply fast for Capital One Venture.