Choosing a credit card can feel as overwhelming as sorting through online dating profiles, but with a little introspection you can pick the card that will do the most for you, whether that means minimizing your fee and interest payments or maximizing rewards points for a goodie that you’ll enjoy. LearnVest.com lists 6 six key questions to ask yourself before selecting a piece of plastic:
1) Do you tend to carry debt?
2) What’s your spending style?
3) What free tools do you want?
4) What are your favorite perks?
5) How much time and energy do you want to spend thinking about your credit card?
6) What’s your favorite way to stay in touch?
Once you’ve simmered on these, applying for a credit card should go a lot smoother.